A. The administrative penalty proceedings described by this chapter shall be applicable to violations of this chapter only. The fines and administrative penalties provided under this chapter are enacted under the authority of Government Code Sections 36901, 38773.5 and 53069.4.
B. A notice of violation enforceable by administrative penalties under this chapter shall include the following information:
1. Date and location of the violation, including the address or definite description of the location where the violation occurred or is occurring;
2. Section of the code being violated and a description of the violation;
3. Notice that the violator may, within fifteen (15) days of the date of the notice of violation, appeal said violation to the Hearing Officer;
4. An order prohibiting the continuation or repeated occurrence of a violation of this code described in the notice of violation; and
5. The signature of the citing enforcement officer.
C. The notice of violation required under this section shall be personally served on the violator, or shall be sent by registered or certified United States mail to the property owner at the last known address listed on the most recent tax assessor’s records. In the case of service by registered mail or certified mail upon the property owner, a copy of the notice of violation shall be conspicuously posted at the property which is the subject of the notice of violation. The failure of any person to receive a notice of violation that was sent via registered or certified mail shall not affect the validity of any enforcement proceedings under this chapter.
D. The Police Department shall retain a declaration of the person making service, declaring the date, time and manner that service was made, and the date and place of posting if applicable. (Ord. 1031, 2018; Ord. 1030 § 2(13), 2018; Ord. 1007 § 1, 2015; Ord. 1002 §§ 2, 3, 2015)